The summer is tough for a shit ton of reasons. Most men don’t know what to wear in the warmer months and usually don’t care. It’s hot and being comfortable is paramount when it comes to doing things outside. Men dress like crap in the summer, opting for the lowest common denominator when it comes to wardrobe choices. The look is sloppy. But it doesn’t have to be.
I’m a sweater. Once I get going it’s hard to cool down so if in a situation, like being on a roof deck for a BBQ, I need to plan for such things. I would prefer nothing more than putting on some board shorts, a pair of flops and a t-shirt, but that’s not how I roll. If I’m going to be around people in a social situation, there’s a need to look good. Here’s what I wore last weekend. Let me tell you why this works and why I was comfortable.
- Black usually looks classier than any other color so wearing shorts and a t-shirt in dark colors will set you a part and helps you look more polished
- Wearing a blazer and pocket square will ALWAYS make an outfit pop and can dress up anything
- You can always loose the jacket but not until the look has had the time to sink into the party goers minds. At that point it doesn’t matter because you already wowed them.
- If it gets really hot, the pocket square can mop up the sweat
- My t-shit is slighted fitted, fairly new and a very lightweight material so when the jacket came off, I still looked good
- Flops should very simple and small, not clunky man-sandals (which are the dumbest shit. Period.)
- The flops, watch and pocket square all match which elevates the entire outfit
So yeah, I was comfortable, I know I looked good and it couldn’t be simpler to duplicate this look.
Details: Blazer, Ben Sherman * T-shirt, City Sports * Shorts, Reiss * Flops, Gucci * Watch, Toy Watch * Pocket Square, Target (set of three)